What are your strategies for remote reviews?

Hello friends! :sunglasses: I’m looking for a way to conduct performance reviews for remote employees. Any suggestions?

Hey there hr_badboy-- I love the username!

There’s good news and there’s bad news. Conducting performance reviews for remote employees is very similar to conducting performance reviews for in-office employees. That means you’ll want to:

• evaluate employees based on specific values using objective system of measurement to make sure all your reviews are equal. Unclear systems allow unconscious bias to creep in.
  • reflect seriously on opportunities for improvement. This means offering specific, actionable advice for employees to improve.
  • focus on areas where employees are doing well.

However, conducting performance reviews for remote employees can be a little more sensitive if its over video call rather than in-person. This should be one meeting where you limit outside distractions as much as you can and give your employee the most attention possible.

Performance reviews are important for growth! Trust me, employees want to know how they can improve and grow. All you need to do is give them the tools and support to do so.

Hope this helps!